DENVER (AP) — Patrick Mahomes is athletic

chenyan94 chenyan94

DENVER (AP) — Patrick Mahomes is athletic

 Justin Hollins Denver Broncos Jersey , agile — and ambidextrous, apparently.Thanks in part to a nifty left-handed throw as he was about to get sacked by Von Miller at midfield on the game-winning drive, the right-handed Mahomes rallied the unbeaten Kansas City Chiefs past the Denver Broncos 27-23 on Monday night.By overcoming a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit, the Chiefs (4-0) took a two-game lead over the Broncos (2-2), their AFC West rivals whom they’ve now beaten six straight times.The only other remaining unbeaten team is the Los Angeles Rams.Down 23-13, Mahomes directed a 12-play, 75-yard drive that ate up more than six minutes and culminated with a 2-yard TD toss to tight end Travis Kelce.After a three-and-out by Denver, Mahomes added a 60-yard touchdown drive, handing off to Kareem Hunt for the 4-yard score with 1:39 remaining.On that last drive, Mahomes was getting dragged down by Miller on third-and-5 at midfield when he shifted the ball to his left hand and threw it to Tyreek Hill a yard past the first-down marker at the Broncos 49.“He’s actually more athletic than people” realize, Denver linebacker Brandon Marshall said. “People talk about his arm, but he can move out of the pocket and make the necessary throws.”Even with his left hand.“I didn’t know he threw it with his left hand,” marveled Miller. “He’s a great quarterback.”“Patrick worked real hard on that left-handed throw,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid quipped. “Some amazing plays there. We’ve seen it in practice but not under those conditions.”Mahomes proved slippery all night.“We played well and we got to him but he would scramble out to his right as he likes to do,” Marshall said. “It’s almost like we’d have him in our fingertips and he’d scramble away and throw for a first down.“The kid can play. He’s going to be really good. He’s really good right now, but we should have won the game.”It was the first time since 2004 that the Broncos blew a 10-point fourth-quarter lead at home.RUN, ROOKIES, RUNIn between Kansas City’s scoring drives, the Broncos, who had run roughshod over the Chiefs all night — a 7.2-yard average per run — suddenly abandoned their ground game in favor of three-wide receiver sets that resulted in a quick three-and-out that sent Denver’s exhausted defenders right back out.“We ran the ball to control the game,” Broncos coach Vance Joseph said, “but you throw the ball to score.”After the three-and-out, struggling Broncos punter Marquette King shanked a 35-yarder out of bounds, giving the Chiefs the ball at their 40 with 4:35 left.“He’s got to perform better,” Joseph said. “We’re at home and it’s his job to flip the field. It ain’t happening.”If anything, the Broncos’ 1-2 punch of rookie running backs needed more work.Phillip Lindsay ran 16 times for 69 yards and a TD and Royce Freeman ran eight times for 67 yards and a TD.Freeman took a toss from Case Keenum and slipped seven tackles on his way to a 14-yard touchdown in which he dragged linebacker Anthony Hitchens across the goal line in the first half.BIG BLUNDERSMahomes overcame a couple of flags that put Kansas City in a second-and-30 hole from their 31 and completed consecutive passes covering 23 and 35 yard to reach the Broncos’ 11 at the 2-minute warning.That last play never should have counted because the play clock expired well before the snap. But referee Craig Wrolstad’s crew missed it. Joseph said he raised the issue with an official who insisted the Chiefs had gotten the play off in time.“I disagree. I disagree,” Joseph said.Cornerback Chris Harris Jr. said there should be some recourse when the officials blow a call.“If a ref messes up on a call, yeah, you should be able to fix it. Go back and fix. Like, ‘Dude, look how long the clock was on zero?’ I mean, c’mon,” Harris said. “That wasn’t the reason we lost the game. We still had plenty of chances but that was a huge, huge no-call.”The officials had another blunder when Mahomes was about 1½ yards past the line of scrimmage when he scrambled and hit Kelce for a 29-yard catch to the 3 early in the second half. Joseph appeared to be reaching for his red challenge flag but never threw it.Denver’s defense bailed out its coach by forcing the Chiefs to settle for a field goal.NATIONAL ANTHEMThomas and Broncos teammate Brandon Marshall both stood with their teammates during the national anthem. Since the preseason, both players had been retreating to the tunnel nearest their bench during the singing of “The Star-Spangled Banner.”INJURIESChiefs: Wide receiver Sammy Watkins pulled a hamstring in the second quarter and didn’t return. Linebacker Dee Ford (groin) left in the fourth quarter.Broncos: Right tackle Jared Veldheer left in the first quarter with a knee injury and was replaced by Billy Turner.UP NEXTChiefs: Host Jacksonville on Sunday to begin a stretch of three home games in four weeks.Broncos: Visit the Jets on Sunday, the first of three road games in four weeks. Try as he might Justin Hollins Denver Broncos Jersey , Von Miller just can’t find anything bad to say about Philip Rivers anymore.“I’ve always enjoyed going against Philip,” Miller said Thursday. “Well, I’m lying. I didn’t use to always like going against Philip. I really didn’t like the guy until like two years ago.”That’s when the Broncos‘ star pass rusher got to know the Chargers‘ star quarterback at the Pro Bowl.“When we kicked it at the Pro Bowl, I was just blown away about what type of guy he was on and off the football field,” Miller said. “And I got a lot of respect for him.”Miller said that if Rivers were surrounded by the talent the likes of which Tom Brady, Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger have enjoyed throughout their careers, “he’d have multiple Super Bowls just like those guys.”Miller and Rivers face each other for the 15th time Sunday when the reeling Broncos (3-6), losers of six of their last seven, face the red-hot Chargers (7-2), who have won six in a row.Miller said the only reason he used to despise Rivers was the uniform he wears.“I just didn’t like him because he played for the Chargers,” Miller said.It wasn’t so hard for him to come around to liking the guy, however.“You ride on the bus at the Pro Bowl and in the locker room you’re just around the guys and you’re like, ‘Man, this guy’s cool. I like this guy.’ He’s a great father. He’s a great leader for the Chargers,” Miller said. “I know some guys over there in Melvin Ingram and Melvin Gordon and they say the same thing about him.“Everybody loves him. I’ve got a lot of respect for him and this game’s going to be a good one.”Miller said so many other defenders are bothered by Rivers because of his talent and renowned trash talk.“I wouldn’t say it’s trash because his trash talking really doesn’t bother me: ‘Got the first down, sucker!’ It really doesn’t bother me. Some guys it does, but not me,” Miller said. “I like playing against Philip. He’s a good guy.”Miller has sacked Rivers 15 times , by far the most of any quarterback he’s ever faced and almost twice as many times as No. 2 on the list, Alex Smith, with eight.Rivers said Miller is even more dangerous opposite rookie Bradley Chubb.Combined, they have 17 sacks so far.“Those are two really good rushers, really good football players,” Rivers said. “I think Von plays the heck out of the run. So does Chubb.”Miller said Rivers has never been better.He’s getting the ball out quicker than ever, the Chargers’ ground game is the best it’s been in years and L.A.’s O-line is playing exceptionally well, all reasons Rivers has only been sacked a dozen times so far.“It’s the best Chargers team that I have played in my career,” said Miller, an eighth-year pro.So, who’s replaced Rivers atop Miller’s enemies list?“I don’t really have any enemies at quarterback,” Miller said. “Now, offensive linemen, it’s different. But you know quarterbacks, whenever I get close to them they fall or they run away. Those are the type of pants I like to wear.“I’m pretty cool with quarterbacks. It’s a quarterbacks’ league, so I’m friendly with all the quarterbacks.”And pretty good at buttering them up, too.