For the last few minutes of the first quarter

chenyan94 chenyan94

For the last few minutes of the first quarter

GLENDALE Cheap Jimmy Moreland Jersey , Ariz. (AP) — For the last few minutes of the first quarter and all of the second, Washington’s offense couldn’t be stopped.Whether it was Alex Smith passing or Adrian Peterson and Chris Thompson running, the Redskins simply dominated Arizona up front and the 24-6 Washington victory on Sunday was even more dominant than that score would indicate.“Our O-line set the tone early,” Smith said, “especially with the way we were running the football. I mean, anytime you’re moving the chains like that, it’s easier to get into a rhythm and I thought we did that there in the first half.”Washington had consecutive touchdown drives of 80, 73 and 92 yards to lead 21-0 at halftime.The first-half statistics were grossly one-sided.Washington outgained the Cardinals 261 yards to 36 and had a 22-2 advantage in first downs. The Redskins controlled the ball for 22:57 to Arizona’s 7:03.“That was about how you draw it up,” Washington linebacker Ryan Kerrigan said. “I don’t know how many snaps we played in the first half (14 for the Redskins defense), but it wasn’t a lot. Kudos to our offense for keeping us off the field.”Smith, acquired from Kansas City in the offseason, finished 21 of 30 for 255 yards and two touchdowns with no interceptions in his Washington debut.Peterson rushed for 96 yards on 26 carries. Thompson gained 65 yards in just five attempts, and caught a 13-yard touchdown pass.“I think any time you win on the road first game of the year, whenever you win on the road, you’ve got to say everybody played pretty darned well,” coach Jay Gruden said. “Especially the quarterback and safety on defense, middle linebacker. I thought they all played extremely well.”Here are some things to consider from Sunday’s Redskins victory over Arizona.CHORUS OF BOOS: The Cardinals, in the debut of new coach Steve Wilks, were showered with boos from the home crowd as they left the field.“We heard them booing,” Arizona cornerback Patrick Peterson said. “I mean, we didn’t give them nothing good to watch today.”Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald agreed.“They pay a lot of money,” he said. “They work extremely hard to build up to buy those tickets and they expect to see good football and they didn’t see that today. Next time we come back here, we owe it to them to perform a lot better and give them something to be happy about and cheer for.”PETERSON’S MILESTONES: Adrian Peterson, with 96 yards rushing, moved past Marshall Faulk and Jim Brown into 10th on the NFL career yards rushing list with 12,372. He needs 368 to pass Tony Dorsett for ninth place.Peterson’s 1-yard scoring run was his 100th career rushing touchdown, tying Faulk and Shaun Alexander for seventh on the career list.His performance came just two weeks after he signed with the Redskins.“God has really gifted me with tremendous talent,” Peterson said. “The Redskins saw that. Other teams had the opportunity, but for whatever reason, things didn’t work out. They worked out the way they were supposed to. I was ready.”JOHNSON’S DEAL: David Johnson was in no mood to talk about his new contract after what he considered a poor performance.Johnson signed a three-year extension Saturday night worth $39 million with $30 million guaranteed.He had a pair of good early runs but the team had to go away from the ground game after falling so far behind. Still, Johnson was very self-critical.“We just couldn’t get anything going,” Johnson said. “I missed a couple holes and I didn’t help out Sam (Bradford) with the blocking. I didn’t play my best game.”Johnson rushed for 37 yards on nine carries and caught five passes for 30 yards.REDSKINS 2-0? Washington took care of one issue by getting Gruden his first season-opening win as Redskins coach (in five tries).Now, the team will try to go 2-0 for the first time since 2011 when it plays its home opener against Indianapolis on Sunday.“You guys kept reminding me all week about the thing, the 0-4 start,” Gruden said. “Now it’s time to put back-to-back games together. We have to play a tough Andrew Luck-led Colts team next week at home, and we have to do a better job for our home crowd.”INJURIES: Washington lost a pair of wide receivers to ankle injuries, rookie Cam Sims and Trey Quinn. Arizona starting right tackle Andre Smith left with an elbow injury in the fourth quarter. The 5 o’clock club is published Wednesday to Saturday during the season, and aims to provide a forum for reader-driven discussion at a time of day when there isn’t much NFL news being published. Feel free to introduce topics that interest you in the comments below.Obviously, we’ll be rooting for the Redskins at home against the Falcons.Prediction: Redskins win, 24-22.How about the other games?AFCvs NFCAs a general rule, we want to root for AFC teams to beat NFC teams.So, the rule of thumb tells us that we should exercise our rooting interest this way:Redskins fans should cheer for the Raiders to beat the 49ers —Honestly, I can’t follow my own advice here... I’ll be cheering for Kyle Shanahan’s 49ers to win against Jon Gruden’s Raiders, though with the Niners giving UDFA QB Mullens his first-ever start, I believe I took the Raiders for a ‘get well’ win in the Week 9 Pick’em contest.Prediction: Raiders win 24-20Redskins fans should cheer for the Bills to beat the Bears —There’s a couple of reasons I can’t follow this advice.First of all, I don’t think the Bills can win this one.Secondly Charley Taylor Jersey , after Kirk’s remarks about wanting to play for “an organization committed to winning football”, I’m hoping to see his Vikings out of the playoffs this season.The best chance of that happening is for other NFC North teams to stack up some wins.I’ll be cheering on the Bears this week. Prediction: Bears win 31-6Redskins fans should back the Chargers against the Seahawks —I don’t have any problem rooting for the Bolts, and even less problem rooting against the Seahawks.The problem is that I don’t really believe that LAC can go into Seattle and get the win.I’ll be waving my powder-blue pom poms during this late afternoon contest, but I sense that I’ll be disappointed.Prediction: Seahawks win 23-20Redskins fans should NORMALLY back the AFC Patriots at home versus the NFC Packers —Once again, following my own advice is difficult on several levels.First is my deep and abiding hatred of all things Patriots.Second is that I am still focused on keeping the Vikings out of the playoffs, so I want to see their NFC North rivals do enough that either the Bears, Lions or Packers can take the division crown.Personally, I think it’ll be the Bears, but I may need to rely on the Packers and Aaron Rodgers to get the job done.Normally, the fact that the Redskins have a tie-breaker over the Packers would add more rational reasoning to hoping the Packers win the division, but as long as the Packers have that tie in their W-L record and the Redskins don’t, playoff tiebreakers are not a consideration.I like Aaron Rodgers, I like the Packers, and I’ll be cheering for them to upset the Patriots in Foxboro, though I know how unlikely that is to come to pass. Prediction: Patriots win 37 - 27Redskins fans must absolutely cheer for the Titans to defeat the Cowboys on Monday Night Football —I have no misgivings here.I’ll be a Tennessee fan on Monday night, and I assume they have a decent chance to go into Jerruh’s world and get the win, despite the Cowboys being undefeated at home this season.Prediction: Cowboys win 23-19AFC vs AFCThe second rule is that we don’t much care about games that feature two AFC teams playing against each other.Chiefs at Browns -Prediction: Chiefs win 57-12Jets at the Dolphins - Two AFC East teams, both on 2 game losing streaks.I see this as almost a pick’em, but the Dolphins are at home and probably aren’t starting a rooking QB.Prediction: Dolphins win 17-10Steelers at Ravens - Initially I had the Ravens winning this game, but Week 8 results changed my mind.Prediction: Steelers win 25-16Texans at Broncos - Back in preseason,I thought this might be a playoff preview, but now Houston and Denver look like teams traveling in opposite directions.Prediciton: Texans win 24-16NFC vs NFCThis is where the rubber meets the road.Buccaneers at Panthers - This is a tough call, as it is an NFC South division game, and the Redskins haven’t played Tampa Bay yet, so I’m not sure about tiebreaker scenarios with them.Here’s where my head is at... We know the Redskins lost to the Saints but beat the Panthers, so we have the tie breaker over the Carolina, but lose out to New Orleans.If you think the Redskins finish as division champs, you want the Panthers to win the NFC South over the Saints.On the other hand, if you think the Redskins chance to qualify for a playoff spot will be as a wildcard team, then you want the Saints to win the division over the Panthers.I think the Skins will go on to win the NFC East, so I want to see the Panthers end up as the NFC South champs.I’m cheering for Carolina this weekend.I predict the Bucs will start Fitzmagic and light up the scoreboard.Cam Newton and his guys won’t be able to keep up.Prediction: Tampa Bay wins 31-21Lions at Vikings - Typically, I’d root for the team with a lower win percentage to beat its NFC division opponent, so — in this case — I should be rooting for the Lions, and I will be.Unfortunately, after losing to the Saints in the dome this past Sunday, the Vikings will be fired up to play well against their division rival. Prediction: Vikings win 34-23Rams at the Saints - My concern here is for Redskins playoff seeding.The chances are pretty slim that the Redskins will finish with an outright better W-L record than the Rams.It’s also unlikely that the ‘Skins would win tie breakers against the Rams.In keeping with the goal of seeing the Panthers win the NFC South, I will be rooting for Sean McVay’s team to put a loss on the Saints, and I think they have the firepower to do it.Prediction: Rams win 37-31BYE WeekThere are six teams on a bye in Week 9:Cardinals, Bengals, Colts, Jaguars, Giants and Eagles.At the end of Week 9, every team in the NFC East will have had its bye week, eliminating the half-game difference in the standings (unless another tie game pops up in the NFC East).If all my predictions come true, this is what the NFC rankings would look like at the end of Week 9: