PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Nick Foles fell 27 yards

chenyan94 chenyan94

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Nick Foles fell 27 yards

 short of leading the Philadelphia Eagles to a third straight comeback win in the postseason.His next opportunity likely will come in a different uniform.The Eagles (10-8) were eliminated with a 20-14 loss at New Orleans on Sunday Jalen Mills Jerseys 2019 , ending the team’s bid to repeat as Super Bowl champions. The front office faces several difficult decisions in the offseason, starting with Foles.Carson Wentz is the team’s quarterback going forward and Foles is looking forward to exploring his options. The Eagles must decide by mid-February if they want to exercise a $20 million option to keep Foles for 2019. But Foles could decline it and pay back $2 million to become a free agent. Philadelphia could put a franchise tag on Foles, though $23-25 million is a hefty price for a backup.“The starter thing, leading a team, impacting a locker room, that’s why we play the game,” Foles said Monday. “Everything is open. I love this city. I love this locker room. It’s special. We’ll see.”It’s possible the Eagles could use the franchise or transition tag to trade Foles rather than allow him to walk away for only a compensation pick. Foles isn’t a me-first guy and it’s not unreasonable to think he would work something out that’s beneficial to both sides.“Having the option to be a free agent is extremely important,” he said. “Technically, I’m really not under contract right now and that’s something we’ll discuss in the future. It’s a unique situation Black Ronald Darby Jerseys , it’s a good situation for this team to have. … I have a great relationship with this team and that’s genuine. Ultimately, we’ll make the best decision for both sides and it’ll work out.”Wentz missed the first two games recovering from knee surgery that forced him to watch from the sideline last season as Foles led Philadelphia to its first NFL title since 1960. He started 11 games before a back injury ended his season again. Wentz finished third in NFL MVP voting last season and had career-highs in passer rating and completion percentage this season.But Foles’ success in the postseason and his clutch performance down the stretch to help Philadelphia reach the playoffs as a No. 6 seed created a debate among fans and media. There is no quarterback controversy within the organization, however. Coach Doug Pederson reiterated several times Wentz is the starter when he’s healthy.“It’s super frustrating,” Wentz said about his injuries. “I still have zero games of postseason football under my belt. I realize I have a lot to prove in that regard. I’m confident I will get the chance to do that.”The Eagles have a lot of work to do to get back to an elite level in the NFL. They overcame several key injuries — three starting defensive backs, a starting running back and starting defensive end were among 17 players on injured reserve — and upset Chicago in the wild-card round. But their run ended against the top-seeded Saints.The importance of earning a first-round bye — the Eagles were a No. 1 seed last year — is evident by the fact the top two seeds are meeting in the conference title games in the AFC and NFC.Beyond Foles, management has many important decisions.Defensive end Brandon Graham, linebacker Jordan Hicks, cornerback Ronald Darby, running backs Jay Ajayi and Darren Sproles Ronald Darby Jerseys 2019 , wide receivers Golden Tate, Mike Wallace and Jordan Matthews, defensive tackle Haloti Ngata and safeties Chris Maragos and Corey Graham will be free agents.Pro Bowl right guard Brandon Brooks tore his right Achilles against the Saints. All-Pro defensive tackle Fletcher Cox finished the game but wore a boot on his foot afterward. All-Pro center Jason Kelce and veteran defensive end Chris Long haven’t committed to playing next season.“It’s tough,” Pederson said about roster turnover. “You build relationships with these guys. You spend so much time together. You build your roster. Every year your roster is going to change, that is just the way that it is. There are people who are going to come. There are people who are going to go. Obviously, we will talk more about it in the next few days. We will see where we go again.”Let’s see how former Eagles looked in Week 3 of the NFL regular season While the Eagles were busy pulling off their first win under Carson Wentz this season, former members of the Philadelphia team were doing some good things (Blount beating the Pats) and some surprising things (Mychal Kendricks playing lights out) throughout the league.Here’s how a bunch of former Eagles fared in Week 3 of the 2018 season:Blount beats the Patriots AGAINWhen running back LeGarrette Blount plays his former team, it’s personal. He said as much in his interviews since beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl, and it proved to be true on Sunday night Black Chance Warmack Jerseys , when the Detroit Lions — yes, the Detroit Lions — bested Tom Brady and Co. to the tune of 26-10.Blount had 16 carries for 48 yards, and two catches for another 17 yards, in his quest to push the Lions past the organization that wouldn’t give the rusher a new deal two years ago.It was also first-time head coach, and former New England Assistant, Matt Patricia’s first win.Patrick Robinson injuredThe Saints cornerback was carted off the field on Sunday with a left leg injury. He couldn’t put any weight on it after he went down, and initial tests called Robinson’s injury a high ankle sprain. That could be both and good and bad news, in that he shouldn’t need to go on IR, but he could end up missing a couple weeks.Quick hitsLinebacker Najee Goode wasn’t too menacing when he faced his former team on Sunday Chance Warmack Jerseys 2019 , with the Eagles still coming out on top, and Goode nabbing just one tackle on the day.Wide receiver Torrey Smith made three catches in Carolina’s game against the Bengals on Sunday, good for 19 yards.Caleb Sturgis made one field goal on Sunday for the Chargers, and went 2-of-3 in point after attempts.Tight end Trey Burton had four catches for 55 yards for the Bears in Week 3.After going 13-for-19 and 157 yards, two TDs and two interceptions, on Sunday, Sam Bradford was benched for Cardinals’ rookie quarterback Josh Rosen. I’m just going to leave this here:Monday Night FootballSeveral former Eagles will take the field on Monday night, when the Pittsburgh Steelers face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Beau Allen, Vinny Curry Black Timmy Jernigan Jerseys , DeSean Jackson). This is the last game of QB Jameis Winston’s suspension, and Ryan Fitzpatrick is making it very challenging for the coaching staff to hand the team back over to Winston.Roster moves and InactivesLinebacker Joe Walker was signed to the Arizona Cardinals’ practice squad.Offensive tackle Matt Tobin was released by the San Francisco 49ers and running back Kenjon Barner was cut by the Patriots.LeSean McCoy missed the Bills game on Sunday due to a lingering rib injury that has kept him from running at 100%.Daryl Worley was out again in Week 3, and has one game left to serve in his four-game suspension.Play of the WeekMychal Kendricks is putting in work for Seattle as he faces possible jail time come the offseason, but for now, he’s making money and making the Seahawks look good, with six total tackles and a sack against the Cowboys in Week 3.