Super Bowl week often generates

chenyan94 chenyan94

Super Bowl week often generates

more stories than can properly be absorbed. This one is worth revisiting Pat O’Donnell Jerseys 2019 , even though we overlooked it when it was published.Sam Farmer of the told the story last Thursday of the late Walter Payton’s Super Bowl ring, how it came to be lost, and how it came to be found.It was found two years after Payton died, and after Payton had a replacement made. But the man who found it, Phil Hong White Sam Acho Jerseys , returned it to Payton’s family, allowing each of his kids to have one.The ring had ended up tucked into the bottom of a well-traveled couch, after coming up missing when Payton brought the ring to a house party in an effort to inspire a high-school basketball team. Hong had gotten the couch from the family that owned it, as Hong compiled furniture for college.The ring was found only after Hong’s dog ripped the lining at the bottom of the couch while trying to retrieve a ball.“I went down to get his ball for him, and the ring was sitting right there Sam Acho Jerseys 2019 ,” Hong told Farmer. “I instantly knew.”Hong had no temptation to keep the ring. (Here’s where a nerd would make a Gollum reference. I’ll prove that I’m not a nerd by not making the reference.) And so the ring was returned to its rightful owner, even though the man who earned it hadn’t lived long enough to see that the ring had been found.Which means that the only lingering injustice regarding Super Bowl XX relates to the fact that Mike Ditka didn’t give Payton a chance to score a touchdown during the game. BALTIMORE (AP)The Baltimore Ravens and Chicago Bears will launch the NFL’s 99th season by playing in the annual Hall of Fame game on Aug. 2.The Ravens’ first appearance in the Hall of Fame game, which launches the league’s 2018 Enshrinement Week. Former Baltimore linebacker Ray Lewis is among the inductees, along with former Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher.Lewis, who played 17 seasons with the Ravens White Sherrick McManis Jerseys , and Urlacher, who played all of his 13 seasons with Chicago, both were elected on the first ballot.Lewis joins Jonathan Ogden as the only Ravens in the Hall of Fame. Both were selected by Baltimore in the first round of the 1996 draft.The other members of the Class of 2018 include Bobby Beathard, Robert Brazile, Brian Dawkins Sherrick McManis Jerseys 2019 , Jerry Kramer, Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. All will be inducted on Saturday, Aug. 4.This will be the record-tying fifth time that the Bears will play in the Hall of Fame game. They won the previous four, most recently 27-24 over Miami in 2005.—