The draft is getting closer

chenyan94 chenyan94

The draft is getting closer

 and the draft visits are ramping up. Draft questions and more as the offseason continues to drag along."The 2019 NFL Draft is just 15 days away and while the Chicago Bears may not be slated to pick on the first night http://www.thebearslockerroom.com/authentic-brian-urlacher-jersey , that doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty of draft questions. While the main focus is on running backs, the Bears still have five picks and will look to add more to their already deep roster.On top of that, news surfaced on Tuesday that the 49ers could be having issues coming to a long-term pact with kicker Robbie Gould, possibly leaving a slim chance that he returns to Chicago.We’ll address all of that and more in this week’s mailbag.I’m glad you asked.I actually put out a piece yesterday highlighting exactly who I think would be ideal and realistic fits for the Bears in this draft class. To keep it simple, here are my top five names.Miles Sanders (Penn State)Trayveon Williams (Texas A&M)Damien Harris (Alabama)Justice Hill (Oklahoma State)David Montgomery (Iowa State)In short, I feel like the Bears would have to trade up for Sanders or Montgomery. Sanders is the most ideal fit because of how well-rounded he is. Montgomery lacks explosion at the second level, but is also very well-rounded and is one of the more overlooked fits in this class.Williams, Harris and Hill are all likely to be around when the Bears pick and all make a lot of sense as well.It’s worth noting that the Bears have met multiple times with Sanders and Williams. Those meetings include top 30 visits and they’ve also worked out Sanders. All in all, the team has spent eight of their top 30 visits on running backs and met with 15 overall. It’s pretty clear they plan to not only draft one, but likely draft one somewhat early.Earlier Tuesday, it was reported by NBC Sports Bay Area that the 49ers were interested in kicker Stephen Gostkowski. Since that point, the Patriots re-signed him to a two-year, $8.5 million deal. Normally, I’d say that probably kills any chance at Gould being dealt, but I’m not sure that’s quite the case yet. Here’s what we know:Gould was not happy with the tag because he wanted a long-term deal Womens Leonard Floyd Jersey , so he could move his family wherever he landed.Gould has been very vocal about his love for the Bears and the city of Chicago.General manager John Lynch said at the scouting combine that the team & the kicker’s camp were far apart and talks had all but died.With all of that in mind, I’d say that it’s no guarantee that Gould will actually sign his tag or do it any time soon. My guess is that for the right price (no clue what that would be), Lynch would be open to dealing him. I would assume that would need to be before or during the draft, so he could find a suitable replacement.I’m not sure that Bears general manager Ryan Pace is going to abandon his current kicking competition, to trade a draft pick for a 36-year-old kicker. It would likely have to be for a low round pick and maybe even a 2020 pick but even then, you’re talking about trading a pick, screwing a few tryout players out of a real chance to make the roster and paying Gould around $4-4.5 million per year.I’d say that all in all, the chances of a Gould reunion remain low, unless the 49ers rescind their current franchise tag on him.Admittedly so, the deeper I dove into this 2019 running back class, the less impressed I was. I’m not going to say it’s a weak class, but I do think it’s a middle-heavy class, with a lot of questions in it.As head coach Matt Nagy talked about a few weeks back, it’s all about fit. Both for the team and these prospects. Not a lot of these prospects are good at everything and none of them (on paper) are elite talents. For me personally, I don’t have one first round grade Eric Kush Jersey , but I have 12 graded in the first four rounds and a total of 14 graded in rounds four through five.It’s going to be about how strong Pace’s and Nagy’s evaluations are of this class, especially when it comes to fit. The good news? They aren’t looking for a three-down back or a bell cow. That will help.Even so, I don’t think it would make much sense to bypass this class all together and wait for next year’s. You simply have to trust your evaluations if your Pace and not overdraft, even if that means not taking one until the fourth or fifth round.Also remember, even if they draft one in a few weeks, it doesn’t mean they can’t spend a higher pick on one next year if one of Mike Davis or their pending draft pick don’t work out.“It sounds to me like Rogers is making excuses about last year. Kind of odd he comes out with this story after all the stories about how huge egos destroyed the Packers. If he was that injured why continue to play especially after they were out of it? Sounds like excuses to me, what are your thoughts.” - Jerry Sternadel (via email)As most Bears fans are aware by now, Aaron Rodgers made headlines last week. Tyler Dunne wrote an excellent article detailing the fallout between the quarterback and his former head coach, Mike McCarthy.The premise of the piece was based on Rodgers’ reported ego and disdain for McCarthy. It’s excellent and I would suggest taking about 20 minutes out of your day to read it if you already haven’t.Since that point, Rodgers has come out and somewhat refuted most of the information in the article. The problem? The sources came from within the Packers’ organization whether it was scouts or former players (some of which attached their names to it). Also, when Rodgers spoke about it, he didn’t exactly deny a lot of the information. He simply discredit Dunne and the outspoken sources in former tight end Jermichael Finley and receiver Greg Jennings.Since then, he has also come out and said that he played last year on a broken leg and sprained knee. Both of which were sustained on Roy Robertson-Harris’ sack that came in their Week 1 matchup. Now, I’m not going to say Rodgers was making excuses because I don’t believe that he was. I felt for most of the year that whatever happened on that play that caused Rodgers to miss close to a quarter in the season opener, hampered him for most of the season.What I do think it brings in question is the quarterback’s overall durability. This was the second year in a row in which he had a serious injury. Yes http://www.thebearslockerroom.com/authentic-roquan-smith-jersey , he played all 16 games, but the year before he missed the majority of the year with a broken collarbone. At 35-years-old, you have to wonder if his body is breaking down after years of abuse. What is even more interesting is that the team just extending him and they can’t really get out from underneath his contract until the 2022 off-season. If Rodgers continues to break down and can’t stay healthy, this perceived Packers new-found “window” could close before it even opens. I would also question how well a fit between a young offensive-minded head coach with no NFL head coaching experience and a strong-willed quarterback like Rodgers will work out.Only time will tell, but I’d say there are more questions now than there was when the offseason first started in regards to the Packers. LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) — After three weeks of success, adversity hit the Chicago Bears in waves.An injury to pass rusher Khalil Mack, a key missed field goal, turnovers at critical times, penalties, and a faltering defense all combined to help take down the Bears 31-28 in overtime Sunday against the Miami Dolphins.The mistakes ended a three-game winning streak by Chicago (3-2) and even led to the first real criticism for coach Matt Nagy. On Monday at Halas Hall, Nagy stood up for his share of blame.“I’m a big boy,” Nagy said. “I can handle the criticism.”Of more concern than all of this with the New England Patriots coming to Soldier Field on Sunday is Mack’s health. He completed the game after suffering an ankle injury, but failed to record a sack for the first time this season.Team medical personnel will evaluate his injury in the next few days, and Nagy said it won’t include X-rays.Chicago’s defense looked entirely different without Mack 100 percent healthy. The pass rush never got to Miami quarterback Brock Osweiler Womens Eddie Goldman Jersey , and the Bears’ league-best run defense was trampled by 35-year-old running back Frank Gore for 101 of Miami’s 161 rushing yards.Missed tackles on Albert Wilson contributed to two shorter passes going for long touchdowns to cap off a nightmare afternoon in the heat for the Bears.“I hope it’s an aberration, but we’ll discuss it and we make everybody accountable,” Nagy said about poor tackling. “I think for our team and our players we like to pump them up and show them the good stuff, but we’ll also show them the bad stuff. You know, why did this happen? And use it as motivation.“So I hope it was just a one-time thing.”Some turnovers took on a different form than in other games this season.Quarterback Mitchell Trubisky threw one interception in the end zone, but for the first time the Bears offense had someone other than Trubisky lose a fumble.Both Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen lost the ball, Howard at the goal line and Cohen with the offense near midfield in pursuit of the winning points.“We need to protect the football better,” Nagy said. “We need to have better ball security and try to win those turnover margins.”Howard went for more than a quarter without a carry following his goal-line fumble, but Nagy said no punishment was involved and this was determined more by the game situation.“Anytime somebody does that, a lot of times you’re in that mode where somebody fumbles the football and you want to give them the football right away,” Nagy said. “But for us, we were having success throwing the football in the second half and we just stuck with that.”Despite the interception, Trubisky put up a strong second half and finished 22 of 31 for 316 yards with three touchdowns. His passer rating for the season is 105.6.“Mitch is playing really well right now, he’s playing really well,” Nagy said. “You’re seeing the growth of the players’ trust within each other Marcus Cooper Jersey , and his growth with these players.”Nagy had to fend off questions about his overtime decision to run the ball on third down, rather than pass to try to get Cody Parkey a field goal try closer than 53 yards in overtime. Parkey missed it wide right.“Hindsight is 20-20,” Nagy said. “You pass the ball and get the first (down), and then who knows what goes on from there? In the end, I felt very comfortable with giving Cody Parkey a chance to make that field goal.“And I’ll say this: Depending on the situations, I have ultimate trust in him to make that.”The Bears remained in first place in the NFC North with a 3-2 record after the loss, and Nagy looked ahead with a positive attitude.“This is not a ‘Debbie Downer’ organization,” Nagy said referring to the “Saturday Night Live character. “We’re a winning team, we lost that game, life goes on. How’re we going to get better?”