When Alyssa Turay decided to play

chenyan94 chenyan94

When Alyssa Turay decided to play

 football last fall Domata Peko Jersey , she聽didn’t know at the time how big of an opportunity聽it truly was.Turay joined the freshman team at Temecula Valley High School, thanks in part to an invitation from coach聽Ed Avedissian following the Golden Bears’ first game of the season.Football, as Turay says, has always been in her life. So why not play?Turay had three kick attempts during 2018:The first: “I聽missed. I was so nervous.”The second: ‘Made it!’The third: She got tackled.“So I had all three variations of kicks,” Turay said with a laugh.Turay is also an active soccer player and captain of her squad. She’s considering playing flag football as well, and聽is learning the proper ways of weight training through a class at school.Turay already has her football goals lined up for this fall: Win the starting kicking job for the junior varsity team and “to be like one of them, to do all the workouts the same, to do everything the same.”Yes, Turay is a female competing in a sport primarily played by males.Yes, Turay聽thought some of the guys would be ‘mean to her.’But, nothing of the sort happened with her Temecula Valley crew.Turay’s football teammates fully embraced her as part of the team, and rightfully so; they even built聽her a goal post out of metal pipes.“We didn’t have one so they built us one,” Turay said. “They were very welcoming.”Turay has received plenty of encouragement from her parents, friends and coaches and, in return, she wants to聽motivate聽others who may be considering giving football a shot, including several of her soccer teammates and friends.“I want to encourage people Ronald Leary Jersey ,” said Turay, who cites motivational speaker as a career goal. “I had plenty of people help me (achieve my goals). When people encouraged me, I always did it.”Turay’s mom, Melinda, is a 49ers fan while dad, Shane, loves the Raiders.As a youngster, Alyssa was told to pick a team and selected the Denver Broncos after seeing Peyton Manning and Co. win Super Bowl 50.“I’ve always watched it (football) since I was young,” Alyssa Turay said. “It’s always been in my life.”Alyssa said she draws inspiration from Vonn Miller, a fearsome linebacker who doesn’t get the credit he deserves for ‘being smart.’“I want to do something that’s both athletic and academic, too,”said Turay, who loves Instagram and singer Sam Smith.Since joining the team, Alyssa has gained respect for football players, especially after lining up once as nose tackle.“It’s a lot harder than you think. You have to remember a lot of stuff,” said Turay, who wears No. 99.Turay said the support outweighs her critics and that most people think ‘it’s pretty cool.’Yes Menelik Watson Jersey , very cool indeed! New Denver Broncos tight end Noah Fant sees Joe Flacco as an NFL legend. While that might be up for debate, Fant’s explosive ability at tight end is not." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteMile High Reporta Denver Broncos communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsBroncosOddsShopAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Broncos NewsBroncos 2019 Draft ClassBroncos PodcastsBroncos 2019 ScheduleKey Offseason DatesCommunity RulesFull ArchiveBroncos StoriesScheduleRosterStatsOdds Shop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Filed under:Denver Broncos NewsDenver Broncos 2019 DraftNoah Fant calls Joe Flacco a legend after being drafted by BroncosNew,36commentsNew Denver Broncos tight end Noah Fant sees Joe Flacco as an NFL legend. While that might be up for debate, Fant’s explosive ability at tight end is not. Noah Fant calls Joe Flacco a legend after being drafted by BroncosJake Roth-USA TODAY SportsThe first round of the 2019 NFL Draft didn’t quite go as we thought it would, but the Denver Broncos trade back with the Pittsburgh Steelers was quite a good deal for Denver. Not only that, they ended up drafting the player they seemed to be eyeing all along in Iowa tight end Noah Fant with the 20th overall pick. Fant met with the media immediately after being drafted and had a few interesting things to say about the situation. During his official visit, he had a very good impression of the franchise. “It was amazing,” Fant said. “I loved it. I said before this draft even happened that I would love to go to Denver. That would be a great place for me to go. I’m super excited and super stoked to be a Denver Bronco. I can’t wait to get to Denver.”He doesn’t just seem himself as a run of the mill tight end. He is a quarterback’s eraser. His explanation of that was very interesting and insightful. “It means that if the quarterback misses any type of read or is struggling or anything and needs to bail out, he gets it to the tight end,” Fant said. “That’s where I come into the factor, trying to be a dynamic tight end where maybe those mistakes can turn into touchdowns. That’s something that’s very important and something that I hopefully look to do for the Denver Broncos.”The Broncos haven’t had a dynamic tight end since Julius Thomas had his career made by Peyton Manning in 2013. Fant, on the other hand, will have Joe Flacco as his quarterback. “I’m super hyped about it,” Fant said of Flacco. “Joe Flacco has been a Super Bowl quarterback. He’s a legend. I’m super stoked to get in there and get to work.”That was interesting. Not sure I have anything else to say about that. Let’s hope Fant is a legend too, except in a Broncos uniform.Horse TracksNFL News